[Fusioninventory-devel] Pass CRON setings without changing OCS structure

David Touzeau david at touzeau.eu
Thu Sep 2 11:49:26 UTC 2010

This is just an idea the could be useful

I would like to know if it is not so bad to do this :

I have developped my own web front-end for OCS.

OCS writes a kind of XML "info" file in the pckage directory.

In this file, a token called  ACTION="EXECUTE|STORE|LAUNCH" and a value
PATH="" specify a target directory.

Is it possible for fusioninventory agent to understand a new ACTION type
like "SCHEDULE" with a PATH Value that specify a CRON entry eg:

ACTION="SCHEDULE" PATH="{10,20,30,40 * * * *} c:\my\exe /s"

until the package is available on the OCS Server, the CRON entry is stay
stored in the agent settings.

On other case, if the package is deleted, the Agent will delete the CRON
entry automatically

best regards