[Fusioninventory-devel] ESX and ESXi inventory

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Feb 16 17:42:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

During the last days I worked on ESX and ESXi inventory. The goal is to
create a nice interface
in GLPI. So far, I create a command line script to collect the information
and create a .ocs file.

An import point: we don't have dependency against VMware Perl library. This
will help a lot the
deployment of the tool.
We plan to finish the GLPI integration in the coming weeks.

I would be glad if you can give it a try on your ESX(i) servers to ensure
everything go right.

# Retrieve the files from the git repository. A git snapshot of the agent is
required
git clone git://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent.git
cd fusioninventory-agent.git
git checkout 2.1.x
cd ..
git clone git://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent-task-esx.git

cd fusioninventory-agent-task-esx
perl -I../fusioninventory-agent/lib -Ilib ./fusioninventory-esx --user root
--password passord --host esx-server --directory /tmp
# this will generate a .ocs file in /tmp

# You can now push it in the server (ocsinventory of GLPI+FusionInventory 4
GLPI beta1)
../fusioninventory-agent/fusioninventory-injector -v --file
/tmp/esx-server-2011-01-25-14-11-07.ocs -u https://myserver/ocsinventory

The script had been tested against OCSinventory 1.3.x server and
GLPI0.78+FusionInventory for GLPI beta1.

Best regards,
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder