[Fusioninventory-devel] ESX and ESXi inventory

Ludovic Hutin ludovic.hutin at ac-nancy-metz.fr
Thu Feb 17 13:24:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

     We have try this ESX - ESXi inventory with our .3.5 ESX .
     After some test, i found that the libcrypt-ssleay-perl was not
install. It's because we have a http redirection to https.

     After that, we can now log in ;)
     But with a ESX 3.5, we got some bugs.

                             'systemInfo' => {
                                               'otherIdentifyingInfo' => [
                                                                           {
                                                                             'identifierType' => {
                                                                                                   'summary' => 'AssetTag',
                                                                                                   'label' => 'AssetTag',
                                                                                                   'key' => 'AssetTag'
                                                                                                 },
                                                                             'identifierValue' => ' unknown'
                                                                           },
                                                                           {
                                                                             'identifierType' => {
                                                                                                   'summary' => 'ServiceTag',
                                                                                                   'label' => 'ServiceTag',
                                                                                                   'key' => 'ServiceTag'
                                                                                                 },
                                                                             'identifierValue' => 'XXXXXXXXXXXX'
                                                                           }
                                                                         ],
                                               'model' => 'PowerEdge M600',
                                               'uuid' => 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
                                               'vendor' => 'Dell Inc.'
                                             }
                           },

I have to fix

     $inventory->setBios({
             ASSETTAG =>
$hostFullInfo->[0]{hardware}{systemInfo}{otherIdentifyingInfo}{identifierValue},
           });

     $inventory->setBios({
             ASSETTAG =>
$hostFullInfo->[0]{hardware}{systemInfo}{otherIdentifyingInfo}[1]{identifierValue},
           });

After that i have another bug in the getVirtualMachineList();

This is the answer of the SOAP ESX 3.5 :-(

<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Fault><faultcode>ServerFaultCode</faultcode><faultstring></faultstring><detail><InvalidPropertyFault
xmlns="urn:vim25"
xsi:type="InvalidProperty"><name>datastoreFolder</name></InvalidPropertyFault></detail></soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>
                  '_msg' => 'Internal Server Error', Too bad :(

I will continu the debugging ;)

Best Regards,
Ludovic.