[Fusioninventory-devel] Testing latest release on HP-UX

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Jan 26 10:10:05 UTC 2011

Hi Amir !

>> The prebuilt package you have put in
>> http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/hpux_11.23-IA64/ works like a
>> charm.
Great! You can now send a message on Twitter with the #FusionInventory
hashtag to spread the good new ;)

>> However, HP-UX was driving me mad!!! It does not support filenames longer
>> than 100 characters in a tar archive!!!!
>> It wasted a great deal of my time!!!! At last, I untarred the package on my
>> linux desktop, renamed the directory from
>> fusioninventory-agent_hpux_11.23-IA64_2.1.7-2 into fusinv-agent and created
>> the tar file again, and it started to work on HP-UX without any problem :)
>> Would you please do the same in the uploaded file in
>> http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/hpux_11.23-IA64/
>>
>> do you use gnu tar ? If yes, then I'll check with Gonéri how to change the
>> file name, no problem.
I would prefer a sanity check in the fusioninventory-agent script
instead if possible.
What was  the directory structure extracted by tar on HP-UX? Was the
fusioninventory-agent script present somewhere?

So now, you can easily give a try to the last stable snapshot now :)
http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/devel/2.1.x/hpux_11.23-IA64/

Amir, for the record, I applied 2 small commits for HP-UX on the agent
in the 2.1.x branch.
https://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent/commit/fce6c94ad435a28f7ae444957298df1ef3ee8de4
https://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent/commit/cadc3f5570066502d18129f028bd549e6310aaf3

In order to avoid surprise, I also started a test-suite for HP-UX CPU
detection here:
https://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent/commit/3d0662a7e57b8debaee4bd97e8b73e51cb6ef46f

The test script parses machinfo (/usr/contrib/bin/machinfo  ) output
to get CPU info. If possible,
can you send me this command output, I will add them.

Cheers
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder