[Fusioninventory-devel] Integrating os and software developement method into fusioninventory

Benoit Mortier benoit.mortier at opensides.be
Sun Jul 3 11:55:11 UTC 2011

Hello,

As some of you already know we are interested in replacing our old gosa-si
client server system used for os deployment and software deployment by
adding task to the fusioninventory-agent.

First you have to know that most of the time (99%) we will not have a glpi
where we can fetch command and config for the fusioninventory client.

I will now describe each module we want to add to fusioninventory-agent.

A fusioninventory-agent-ldap task :

Config functions :

  * Getting the config for the client from ldap and using it as the config
file for fusioninventory-agent.

Library functions :

  * having ldap libraries needed by the others task, fai, opsi, ltsp, goto

This library will be needed by all the others libraries

A fusioninventory-agent-goto-common task

  * Common library of functions to be used by fusioninventory-agent-goto

A fusioninventory-agent-goto task

  * Various librariries used to do specific task on the desktop or
servers, like printer assignation, user profile creation, automounting
share, usb management etc...

A fusioninventory-agent-fai task :

Installation function :

  * Getting the content of the fai classes that tells how to construct the
machine with all the stuff needed, partitioning, install wich software,
how to configure them etc. Everything being stored in ldap

A fusioninventory-agent-opsi task :

Installation function :

  * Getting the info from the opsi server on wich command should be
executed, installing, removing, rebooting etc...

A fusioninventory-agent-management task :

This function will need to be run continiously and be asked for task or
reporting

Management function :

  * Get order with task to be done and given to other tasks, like
reconfigure the desktop from ldap, confiure  printer, remove some mail
from the queue etc...

Report function :

  * Getting back the data from the installation state and sending it back
to a server that the fusiondirectory interface will read to show what is
the status, installed, error, forbidden to be installed, % in the
installation

Mirror fonctions :

  * Get the info from ldap to create a local mirror for various
distributions

Cheers
--
Benoit Mortier