[Fusioninventory-devel] new software deployment module

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu Jul 7 13:34:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 10:59:54AM +0200, Mario Gzuk wrote:
> Hi Gonéri,
> I want to start the integration of the deployment from
> fusioninventory into uranos. I am not sure if I should start write a
> new Task like OCSDeploy.pm or if I should transorm the output of the
> inventory to match the API-REST-deploy because the scripts which
> will be generated by uranos will be allways handle the tasks like
> download, checks, logging, installation, update, uninstalltion, ...
>
> you can see an example here:
> http://uranos.sourceforge.net/www/external.php?function=install_sw_command&softwareversionid=719
>
> I have some question about the agent handles the following tasks:
> - Installation in windows 7 if UAC is enabled (will the agent
> disable it to suppress the messages?)
> - In which context the deployment will be executed?
> - what about if the software needs some userinteraction?
> - how it will work if the software need that a user is looged in?
> (autoit script)
>
> Cheers and a nice weekend!

Hi Mario,

Sorry I missed your mail last week.

OcsDeploy module is only in maintenance mode, we don't plan to improve it
or add new feature. So, yes, API-REST-Deploy module is the best option.
As far as I can see on your example, this can easily get in the JSON
structure.
Regarding your questions:
1) In order to avoid UAC issue, but also X11 session access right on Linux,
we decided to write a little application:
https://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent-task-deploy-gui
deploy-gui will be launched during the user session start-up and will
poll the agent embedded HTTP server to know if it should display
pop-up to the user.
For the moment nothing is done yet on this side.

2) The deployment will be done with the SYSTEM profile on Windows
or root on UNIX.

3) For the moment we do not plan to accept user interaction except
with the deploy-gui. As far I understand, you need some kind of
runas command to be able to access the user session.

4)  I believe it's the same with 3). We can improve the requirement
if you think we can do some improvement here.

Cheers,

      Gonéri