[Fusioninventory-devel] FuisionInventory Agent GUI

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Jun 1 10:10:06 UTC 2011

2011/5/31 Amir Pakdel <a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net>:
> Dear developers,
>
> Please check the new version. Here is a summary of changes:
>
> "Remote Unix / Linux Host" radio button is disabled (but still there). IMHO
> it would inform the user that this is not supported.
> Embedded "fusioninventory-agent_windows-i386_2.1.8-2.exe",
> "winexe-static-081123" and "PsExec.exe" into the agentWizard executable.
> They can be easily replaced by any other executable: merely need to be
> aliased as "inst-win.exe", "winexe" and "psexec.exe" in the
> "FusionInventory.qrc" resource.
>
> This version does installation on a remote Windows Host from a Linux (when
> executed on a Linux, it can install FusionInventory on a remote Windows
> host) without requiring any files other than the "agentWizard" itself.
Here, on my Linux, I get "Could not copy the embedded winexe file into a
regular file".
The process failed to start. Either the invoked program is missing, or you
may have insufficient permissions to invoke the program.

I also think the "Local Host" option should be turned off since I run Linux.

Is it possible to declare a network range of machine? Is it possible
to use nmap to find the Windows host on the network? It's maybe
over complicated.

> As a result, installation tab is removed completely.
> Now I am going to implement installation on a remote Windows Host from a
> windows.
I think the "Files and Filders" tab can be removed too since we don't use
it.

Some of the messages need to be clarified. I suggest these changes:

"Server" tab → "Installation target"
"Local Host" → Install the agent on this system
"Remote Windows Host" → Install the agent on a remote Windows Host
using the RPC Service interface and the $Admin share (PsExec).
"Cancel" and "Perform Inventory" button location should be switched and
"Perform Inventory" should be in bold

Changes on the "FusionInventory Server" should only used during the installation
and not be stored locally.

Any opinion?

What you are doing here is just great and will quickly be a much
better alternative to
the NSIS installer interface.

Best regards,
--