[Fusioninventory-devel] ESX and ESXi inventory

Redfish p.ambuhl at iam.ch
Thu Mar 3 08:14:44 UTC 2011

Hi,
I ran succesfully the inventory and the upload on a ESX 4.1 server, I have a few
comments :
1. I had to install libxml-treepp-perl to be able to run the inventory.
2. The file was not saved in /tmp as you can see hereunder :
root at isrv10:/home/administrateur/fusioninventory-agent-task-esx# perl
-I../fusioninventory-agent/lib -Ilib ./fusioninventory-esx --user root
--password mypass --host esx01r --directory /tmp
[info] Inventory saved in /esx01r.mydomain.com-2011-02-03-10-23-33.ocs

3. Once imported in GLPI, I was pleased to see all the vmnics listed in
"Composants" and disapointed that there were not in "Connexions"
4. I noticed that the serial number was not populated
5. In "Volumes" it reported correctly my NFS datastore but misssed the local
disk datastore.

I'll try to run it against an ESXi within a few days and I'll keep you posted.

Thank you

Patrick