[Fusioninventory-devel] ESX and ESXi inventory

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu Mar 3 12:35:37 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 08:14:44AM +0000, Redfish wrote:
> Hi,
> I ran succesfully the inventory and the upload on a ESX 4.1 server, I have a few
> comments :
> 1. I had to install libxml-treepp-perl to be able to run the inventory.
Oh yes, that's right. I forgot to spoke about that in my initial mail.

> 2. The file was not saved in /tmp as you can see hereunder :
> root at isrv10:/home/administrateur/fusioninventory-agent-task-esx# perl
> -I../fusioninventory-agent/lib -Ilib ./fusioninventory-esx --user root
> --password mypass --host esx01r --directory /tmp
> [info] Inventory saved in /esx01r.mydomain.com-2011-02-03-10-23-33.ocs
Strange, maybe you wrote --directory / tmp instead of tmp ?

> 3. Once imported in GLPI, I was pleased to see all the vmnics listed in
> "Composants" and disapointed that there were not in "Connexions"
This is strange, can you send me the esx01r.mydomain.com-2011-02-03-10-23-33.ocs
file?

> 4. I noticed that the serial number was not populated
It depends a lot on the hardware you use. Can you please send to my private
mail the .soap files that have been generated in the directory.
> 5. In "Volumes" it reported correctly my NFS datastore but misssed the local
> disk datastore.
I will take a look. But I need the .soap file for that.

> I'll try to run it against an ESXi within a few days and I'll keep you posted.
Great, thank you for the feedback :)

Best regards,

      Gonéri Le Bouder