[Fusioninventory-devel] FuisionInventory Agent GUI

Amir Pakdel a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net
Tue May 17 13:22:58 UTC 2011

Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri at ...> writes:

> 2011/5/15 Amir Pakdel <a.pakdel <at> karafarinbank.net>:
> > Dear Developers,
> >
> > We are going to develop a FuisionInventory Agent GUI,
> > primarily for MacOSX. It will be also available on Windows
> > and Linux since the code is written in C++/QT4.
> >
> > The goal is to simplify the initial agent configuration.
> >
> > Here is the repository:
> > https://github.com/fusinv/fusioninventory-agent-gui
> > https://github.com/pakdel/fusioninventory-agent-gui
> >

> > Any comments are appreciated.
> I'm not sure we should mix remote installation and local
> configuration, or if so, this should be done in another screen.
> Regarding the remote UNIX installation. There is different
> option:
> Remote installation using exe, mpkg (macosx), rpm, deb
> or "prebuilt". Maybe we should have a pick list here with
> all the options.

IMHO, when the agent is not installed on a system, it would be nice to give an
installation option using the simplest way possible:
- Windows: using fusioninventory-agent_windows-*.exe
- Unix: using "prebuilt" packages
- MacOSX: I have no clue :D

I have updated the GUI and now it does local Windows/Unix and remote Windows
inventory:
https://github.com/pakdel/fusioninventory-agent-gui

I have tested the GUI on my Linux desktop (PCLinuxOS) and preformed local and
remote windows inventory successfully.

Best Regards,

Amir Pakdel