[Fusioninventory-devel] Proposed enhancements/corrections

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Tue Oct 11 12:14:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 04:23:19PM +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 04/10/2011 15:32, Oliver Tuschhoff a écrit :

Thank you for your contribution Oliver.

> >fusioninventory-win32-service.patch:
> >Correcting the name of a utilized function of the Win32::Daemon package
> >from LastControlMessage() to QueryLastMessage().
> >The change in the underlying package seems to have happened in version
> >20101014 and is still current
> >(http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/JDB/Win32-Daemon-20110117/Changes).
> Seems fines for me.

I changed a bit the patch to keep the compatibility with the previous
Win32::Daemon release.
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent/repository/revisions/41bd76571396c639bb65e8a995e0cda62159379f

Nice to see this Win32::Daemon module is still maintained.

> So, considering the 2.2.x branch, my understanding is:
> - 2 patches are not needed anymore
> - 1 (the Win32 agent) is trivial enough to be ported
> - 1 (the CPU.pm module for Solaris) need first some discussion, and
> some porting to the new API
If you want to try this 2.2.x branch without paying the price of the
dependencies installation you can try this script:
http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/generic/

It bundles the required Perl libs and a snapshot of the git repository of
the agent.

Best regards,

          Gonéri Le Bouder