[Fusioninventory-devel] dmidecode usage

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:36:18 UTC 2012

Hi Guillaume,

2012/3/8 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com>:
> Hello Anton.
>
> I just saw you have a list of software using dmidecode on this page:
> http://www.nongnu.org/dmidecode/
>
> You may be interested to know than fusionventory agent is heavily relying on
> dmidecode to extract hardware informations from a wide scope of platforms,
> including windows:
> http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent

as presented to David and Gonéri, and following discussions with Jean
Delvare (prev. maintainer of dmidecode), you will probably be
interested in using IPMI to switch to the next gear, and be able to
get more data, and possibly over the network.

For more details, refer to the history of system management, for example here:
http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps2q04-019.pdf

cheers,
Arnaud
--