[Fusioninventory-devel] Fusion Deploy package commands

Kevin Roy kiniou at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 12:29:29 UTC 2013

Hello John,

On 14 August 2013 11:33, <john at webwrite.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
> Thank you for your reply. I have been posting in the Fusion Forum - Fusion
> Inventory for GLPI English with username 'johna'

OK, i'll look to your post and i'll reply to it like i'm doing with your
email ;-) .

> My setup consists of GLPI version 0.83.31 on clean install of Debian
> Wheezy. The agent is 2.2.7-4.
> I have installed the agent as a service and added appropriate proxy
> information.
>
> I can succesfully download the packages onto the target computers but
> fails when trying to install. I have been using the RUNAS command and here
> is where my knowledge fails as I am unsure of the correct syntax to use. I
> have got as far as the target requesting manual input of the password which
> is obviously not appropriate. The code that I was using is:-
> RUNAS /user:$MyUsername /password:MyPassword picasa39-setup.exe

Unfortunately, you can't pass any password parameter to runas. The only way
to do this eventually is to use some vbs script which will handle the
password typing [1].

>From what i understand from this command, you are trying to install picasa
as a local user but from your last forum post i also understand that you
want to install with administrator privileges. If you want to install with
administrator privileges, then there is no need to use RUNAS since
FusionInventory-Agent is run as a SYSTEM service, therefore it has been
privileged to install anything like an Administrator.

> I mainly intend to install .exe or msi files

Unlike MSI, you should keep in mind that EXE installers are made from
various installer frameworks (like NSIS, INSTALLSHIELD,...) .

> Having just tried again while writing this email it has come back as
> 'Status OK' (the first ever time). But software is not installed. I have
> attached the part of the Agent log as a text file.

Fusioninventory-agent seems to work correctly on your setup and the only
blocker is the runas command asking for a password interactively.

[1]
http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/9bda53d7-ec2e-4bc2-8e97-4487233bc55b
--
Kevin 'kiniou' Roy