[Fusioninventory-devel] Some suggestions to improve the bug tracker

Kevin Roy kiniou at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 10:17:20 UTC 2014

On 6 January 2014 23:46, David DURIEUX <d.durieux at siprossii.com> wrote:

> Le Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:20:21 +0100
> Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com> a écrit:
>
> >Here are some changes I'd like to be done on the bug tracker, to
> >enhance its usage.
> >
> >1) drop the mandatory requirement on version, for the server component.
> >This make impossible to transfer bugs opened by mistake agent the
> >agent component, as it occurs regulary
>
> Yes it's a real problem, I think it's a good idea to drop the mandatory

I've just removed the required option to the field (for the record, the
"found in version" field is located in
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/custom_fields?tab=IssueCustomField).

> >2) fix the default css, to use full screen width for the bug list
> >It's quite painful to only have a third of screen width to enumerate
> >issues
>
> I have made some modifications to use 98% of the screen. We have some
> bugs with the design but not very important

Though it breaks layout borders, this can be fixed by replacing "width:75%"
with "width:98%" like the following in application.css at line 80 :

#content { width: 98%; background-color: #fff; margin: 0px; border-right:
1px solid #ddd; padding: 6px 10px 10px 10px; z-index: 10; }

> >3) change the default template, so as to refer to bug reporting
> >instructions when entering a new bug
> >Just advising them to read
> >http://www.fusioninventory.org/documentation/agent/bugreport/ would
> >probably avoid some common mistake, such as french usage, for instance
>
> Not find yet how to do this

Me neither. I don't think Redmine can do this natively. However, there are
some plugins (like http://www.redmine.org/plugins/issue_templates).

--
Kevin Roy