[Fusioninventory-devel] Some suggestions to improve the bug tracker

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 21:16:24 UTC 2014

Le 08/01/2014 11:17, Kevin Roy a écrit :
> On 6 January 2014 23:46, David DURIEUX <d.durieux at siprossii.com
> <mailto:d.durieux at siprossii.com>> wrote:
>
>     Le Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:20:21 +0100
>     Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com
>     <mailto:guillomovitch at gmail.com>> a écrit:
>
>      >Here are some changes I'd like to be done on the bug tracker, to
>      >enhance its usage.
>      >
>      >1) drop the mandatory requirement on version, for the server
>     component.
>      >This make impossible to transfer bugs opened by mistake agent the
>      >agent component, as it occurs regulary
>
>     Yes it's a real problem, I think it's a good idea to drop the mandatory
>

> I've just removed the required option to the field (for the record, the
> "found in version" field is located in
> http://forge.fusioninventory.org/custom_fields?tab=IssueCustomField).
>

>      >2) fix the default css, to use full screen width for the bug list
>      >It's quite painful to only have a third of screen width to enumerate
>      >issues
>
>     I have made some modifications to use 98% of the screen. We have some
>     bugs with the design but not very important
>

> Though it breaks layout borders, this can be fixed by replacing
> "width:75%" with "width:98%" like the following in application.css at
> line 80 :
>
> #content { width: 98%; background-color: #fff; margin: 0px;
> border-right: 1px solid #ddd; padding: 6px 10px 10px 10px; z-index: 10; }
Actually, the change improves the tickets list
(http://forge.fusioninventory.org/issues), but adds lot of useless
vertical space to any ticket page (for instance,
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/issues/2386)

I can live with it, tough.

>      >3) change the default template, so as to refer to bug reporting
>      >instructions when entering a new bug
>      >Just advising them to read
>      >http://www.fusioninventory.org/documentation/agent/bugreport/ would
>      >probably avoid some common mistake, such as french usage, for instance
>
>     Not find yet how to do this
>

> Me neither. I don't think Redmine can do this natively. However, there
> are some plugins (like http://www.redmine.org/plugins/issue_templates).
Thanks to both of you.

Last request: get rid of the useless 'For junior contributor' ticket
attribute.
--
Guillaume