[Fusioninventory-devel] Fusioninventory agent 2.3.4 - 2.3.6 cannot download deploy files when GLPI+FI lies on IIS 8.0 server

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 13:07:06 UTC 2014

Le 20/03/2014 13:39, Ozy de Jong a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Well this is actually my topic (i'm deajan on the forum).
> So this mail for the ML-Dev is just an english translation of my journey with the agent on the forum :)
>
> Anyway, downgrading libwww-perl to 5.834 works as a quick fix.
Probably because previous major version of libwww didn't enforced SSL
certificate by default, and did it in a very limited manner when enabled.

> Using curl instead of libwww-perl would seem a very good solution to me (no SSL hell), but i'm not a perl developper.
Probably because curl doesn't enforce the same SSL checks. And relying
on an external binary instead of a native perl library would probably
brings additional issues, such as packaging issue for instances.

Better suggestion if you want to avoid 'SSL hell':
- don't use SSL at all, unless you understand how it works, what kind of
security it brings, and you know than you need it
- use SSL, but don't validate server certificates (no-ssl-check in agent
configuration)
--
Guillaume