[Fusioninventory-devel] collect.php protocol

Guillaume Bougard gbougard at teclib.com
Wed Dec 2 13:18:59 UTC 2015

Hello Côme,

as I understand, you want to report the error in fusioninventory-agent if the XML inventory it pushed failed in some way to be integrated in FusionDirectory.

In that way, just think FIA is just an HTTP client. So and as it only tries to submit an XML, the only thing it checks for error is the HTTP Status code of the server. And then it only logs the returned status line. See HTTP::Response doc, what is log is just the return of $r->status_line() (see request method in FIA code at lib/FusionInventory/Agent/HTTP/Client.pm).

In conclusion, try just to return an HTTP error with a short description. See also : http://php.net/manual/fr/function.http-response-code.php

Hope this help,

Best regards,

Guillaume Bougard