[Fusioninventory-user] Agent install via OpenCSW is not working

Carlos Gunners goondaba at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 16:06:03 UTC 2012

Hello, and thanks for responding ..

I have no personal issues with the repo .. But the repo (OpenCSW) has
issues with allowing its users to install it.

I thought my message was explicit enough .. The way OpenCSW works is to
allow solaris users install software they host on their repos .. just like
one would do an apt-get, or yum install ..

Well, when one tries to install your package via OpenCSW, the OpenCSW says
the package does not exist.  I went and looked around on OpenCSW and
discovered (via their Q&A section) that the failure that is preventing
their serving the package seemed to do with failure to obtain grab the
package from CPAN ..

So, I reckon you need to look at where they arer attempting to get the
package from, and modify the URL opencsw is using if your cpan URL changed
(which was what I suspected)  ..

According to this URL (
http://www.opencsw.org/qa/package/fusioninventory_agent/), the upstream URL
they have for the fusioninventory-agent is
http://search.cpan.org/~fusinv/fusioninventory-agent  .. and clicking that
URL leads to a 404 ..

So, it seemed really straight-forward to me what the issue was .. but I am
only operating on assumptions ..

But as long as that is not resolved, folks using OpenCSW will be unable to
install the agent on solaris.

best regards ..