[Fusioninventory-user] Agent install via OpenCSW is not working

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 13:20:34 UTC 2012

Le 21/12/2012 17:06, Carlos Gunners a écrit :
> Well, when one tries to install your package via OpenCSW, the OpenCSW
> says the package does not exist.  I went and looked around on OpenCSW
> and discovered (via their Q&A section) that the failure that is
> preventing their serving the package seemed to do with failure to obtain
> grab the package from CPAN ..
"the OpenCSW says the package does not exist" doesn't mean anything.
Which package catalog are you using, what is the command you use to
install the package, and what is the error string you get ?

> So, I reckon you need to look at where they arer attempting to get the
> package from, and modify the URL opencsw is using if your cpan URL
> changed (which was what I suspected)  ..
>
> According to this URL
> (http://www.opencsw.org/qa/package/fusioninventory_agent/), the upstream
> URL they have for the fusioninventory-agent is
> http://search.cpan.org/~fusinv/fusioninventory-agent
> <http://search.cpan.org/%7Efusinv/fusioninventory-agent>  .. and
> clicking that URL leads to a 404 ..
Indeed, but that's just a failure on a web page, in a section called
'uWatch information', which sound like some kind of automatic version
check. Nothing to do with an installation failure.

> So, it seemed really straight-forward to me what the issue was .. but I
> am only operating on assumptions ..
>
> But as long as that is not resolved, folks using OpenCSW will be unable
> to install the agent on solaris.
I've no such trouble myself...

--
BOFH excuse #184:

loop found in loop in redundant loopback