[Fusioninventory-user] A proposal for the opposite term to 'Server Mode'.

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 08:54:37 UTC 2012

Le 21/06/2012 21:33, Gonéri Le Bouder a écrit :
> 2012/6/21 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com>:
>> Le 20/06/2012 20:01, Tomás Abad a écrit :
>
>> What about 'direct execution' vs 'indirect' or 'remotely-driven execution' ?
> Is there a probleme with "service execution mode" or "task execution mode"?
First, 'task' already means something else in fusionventory context.
Second, it largely refers to a specific way of scheduling agent
execution (cron task/scheduled task), excluding running the agent
manually. Hence my poing of 'direct' vs 'indirect'.

Notice the current lack of consistency of binary names with execution modes:
./fusionventory-agent => running the agent (directly)
./fusionventory-agent -d => running the agent daemon
./fusionventory-agent-win32-service => running the agent service

Better way of naming binaries:
./fusionventory-agent   => running the agent
./fusionventory-daemon  => running the agent daemon (unix only)
./fusionventory-service => running the agent service (windows only)
--
The serger only eats the customer's garment
		-- Murphy's Laws of Sewing n°2