[Fusioninventory-user] Doubts about FusionInventory Agent 2.2.0 options

Tomas Abad tabad at sescam.jccm.es
Wed May 16 07:06:57 UTC 2012

   Hello to everybody,

   I'm trying to write a new Microsoft Windows Installer for
FusionInventory Agent 2.2.0-x and above with NSIS (1) -see notes below-,
ExperienceUI (2), InstallOptions 2 (3) and others, like the current
installer, although perhaps it would be better to create it with NSIS +
ModernUI 2 (4) + nsDialog (5) because InstallOptions 2 is currently
deprecated.

   Studying the FusionInventory Agent 2.2.0 parameters (6) raised me
some doubts. They are as follows.

   a) The official manual for FusionInventory Agent 2.2.0 (6) indicates
      in its SYNOPSIS about the 'backend-collect-timeout' option:

      --backend-collect-timeout
           timeout for inventory modules execution (30)

      I suppose 30 (seconds) is its default value but I had news
      yesterday that this value is 180 seconds and not 30.

      a.1) What is the correct value?
      a.2) Is there a mistake in the official manual?

   b) I suppose the embedded web server (no-httpd, httpd-ip, httpd-port,
      and httpd-trust options) requires to work that the agent is
      launched as a daemon process or as a Microsoft Windows Service,
      Am I right?

   I am waiting for news. Best regards and thanks in advance.

NOTES:
   (1) Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS)
       http://nsis.sourceforge.net/

   (2) ExperienceUI
       http://experienceui.enanocms.org/experienceui/index

   (3) NSIS InstallOptions 2 Plug-in
       http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/InstallOptions/Readme.html

   (4) ModernUI 2.0
       http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/Modern%20UI%202/Readme.html

   (5) NSIS nsDialogs Plug-in
       http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/nsDialogs/Readme.html

   (6) FusionInventory Agent 2.2.0 (CPAN)

http://search.cpan.org/~fusinv/FusionInventory-Agent-2.2.0/fusioninventory-agent

--
Tomas Abad
Ingeniero de Sistemas / Systems Engineer