[Fusioninventory-user] DMZ deployment options

David DURIEUX d.durieux at siprossii.com
Tue Oct 30 20:42:33 UTC 2012

Le Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:19:05 +0000
Benjamin Huntsman <BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu> a écrit:

>Hi!
>   Thanks for the quick reply!
>   One option I considered was just putting the whole front-end
> website out on the DMZ, but that may not be good.

Yes, it's not a good solution (it's very bad)

> Maybe a reverse
> proxy that only proxies the URLs for the fusioninventory server?

Yes it's an option

> I'd
> hoped to avoid considerable "extra" scripting over what's provided
> out of the box, for supportability reasons...

If your users have a folder (of the DMZ) mounted on the computer, you
can run agent and the agent write the file to this folder on the DMZ.
After you run script to move from DMZ to local, and the
fusioninventory-injector import the inventory into GLPI