[Fusioninventory-user] Debian-based repo info...

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Sep 5 17:16:25 UTC 2012

2012/9/5 Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it>

> For debian based distro, is still valid:
>
>         http://debian.fusioninventory.org/debian/
>
> eg, i have to use backports for squeeze?! Agent in backports are 2.1.X,
> while that repository have 2.2.3, but seems to miss netdiscovery and
> snmp tasks.

Hello Marco,

Thank you for your mail.

Yes, use Debian Backports for Squeeze. 2.2.3 is in backport:
 http://packages.debian.org/source/stable-backports/fusioninventory-agent
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/libfusioninventory-agent-task-netdiscovery-perl
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/libfusioninventory-agent-task-snmpquery-perl

Regarding the current stat of the Debian packages:
* agent 2.2.3 will be in Debian 7
* agent-task-netdiscovery and task-snmpquery 2.1 too

Both have bug fixed in the last stable release. I will publish fixed
packages. I also plan to upload
in experimental:
* agent 2.2.5
* agent-task-network which is a bundle of agent-task-netdiscovery and
task-snmpquery

The current http://debian.fusioninventory.org/debian is IMO less and less
useful since FusionInventory
is now included in Ubuntu and Debian. I plan to remove the service unless
someone else stand up to
continue to maintain it.

Best regards,
--