[Fusioninventory-user] Unable to find agent to run this job

Carlos Gunners goondaba at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:06:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have an agent setup to run from the same host where the glpi and the
fusioninventory-plugin are also running from ..

I have finally gotten the network discover and inventory modules functional
on the host, and have run them successfully from the command line.

However, when I try to initiate the action from the GUI (whether using a
wizard) or as a new task, the server is unable to contact the agent .. the
logs show that error message.

On agents management page, I have enabled the host to run everything except
'wake on lan'  .. But on /etc/fusioninventory/agents.cfg, I do not have any
settings that suggest the network inventory or discovery tasks are enabled
(well, because I am not sure what settings I need, and also because I did
not initially think it was essential in a server push situation)

The situation remains the same whether I run the agent as a daemon or via
cron ..

Please, what do I have to do to get this to work ?  what am I missing?  ..
Are there any logs that will give me some indications on what is going
wrong ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions ..