[Fusioninventory-user] Any puppet plugins for fusioninventory-agent?

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:02:50 UTC 2013

Le 30/01/2013 17:08, Carlos Gunners a écrit :

> Sorry for the late response .. been travelling ..
>
> Thanks for the suggestion .. and yes, I considered that.  But the
> challenge is this:
>
> there is no fusioninventory-agent in the standard OS repos on some of my
> hosts running certain versions  of OS, and for those hosts I would
> typically need to enable use additional repos ..
>
> On second thoughts, you seem to have official repos for most of the
> clients I am considering .. so, perhaps I could extend the standard
> types, and make puppet append your repo, add the key, and run an update
> before the standard types ..
>
> That ought to work .. yes?
I still don't see why you should 'extend' anything in puppet. You just
need to configure your hosts properly so that you could use system
package manager directly to install fusioninventory-package agent,
through standard 'package' puppet type.

BTW, I just started using Suse openbuild system to produce RHEL and
Centos fusioninventory packages, you can retrieve them from
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Aguillomovitch.
Beware, you need EPEL repositories configured beforehand for additional
perl dependencies.
--
BOFH excuse #100:

IRQ dropout