[Fusioninventory-user] Multiple instance fusioninventory agent with differents confs.

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 09:46:29 UTC 2014

Le 03/04/2014 11:12, Vincent LOUPIEN a écrit :
> Hello FusionInventory users,
>
> Is it possible on the same machine (Linux) to run multiple v2.3.x agent in daemon mode with different conf?
>
> I tried to start it with 2 differents conf files (use of option --conf-file and edit parameters httpd-port and logfile): the first is executed correctly but the latter refused to start with the following message in these logs "An agent is already runnnig, exiting ...", as if the execution daemon prevented by launching the same executable repeatedly mode.
>
> If this is not possible, the solution is to recompile it from source packages with parameters (from the Makefile.PL) different?
Changing installation parameters won't change anything, but just
desinstalling Proc::PID::File should be enough.

Anyway, running the agent as a daemon is only useful if you to force
scheduling of its execution from server-side. And running two different
agents as daemons seems really a corner case, given you can already run
a single agent with multiple controlling servers.
--
Guillaume