[Fusioninventory-user] EDID support for Linux

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:37:21 UTC 2014

Le 21/11/2014 10:01, Vincent LOUPIEN a écrit :
> Hello to all the FI people,
>
> Since using the 2.3.12 version of the FusionInventory agent on ours Linux machines (Debian 7.7 stable), at the launch of the agent, we have in fusioninventory.log (Debug mode) messages about the absence of binary used for the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) support:
> [debug] - running monitor-get-edid-using-vbe command: command not available
> [debug] - running monitor-get-edid command: command not available
> [debug] - running get-edid command: command not available
> [debug] - running ddcprobe command: command not available
>
> My two questions:
> - under Linux (Debian) among the following packages which provides the EDID support: libparse-edid-perl or read-edid ? or twice ?
The seconds allows to extract EDID information, the first to parse it.
You need both packages, actually :)

> - and especially, as it is it that I have not read or seen these warning missing packets or features during installation agent from source ?
The Parse::EDID Perl module (packaged as libparse-edid-perl on Debian)
is listed as optional in Makefile.PL, so it should trigger a warning
during installation if missing.

Optional binaries are not listed in installation code, because they are
too many of them, and because there is no way to easily test their
presence at installation time. The point in rising log verbosity was
precisely to provide better feedback to users.
--
Guillaume