[Fusioninventory-user] EDID support for Linux

Kevin Roy kiniou at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:38:23 UTC 2014

Hello,

Le 21 nov. 2014 10:20, "Vincent LOUPIEN" <vincent.loupien at upmf-grenoble.fr>
a écrit :

> Hello to all the FI people,
>
> Since using the 2.3.12 version of the FusionInventory agent on ours Linux
machines (Debian 7.7 stable), at the launch of the agent, we have in
fusioninventory.log (Debug mode) messages about the absence of binary used
for the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) support:
> [debug] - running monitor-get-edid-using-vbe command: command not
available
> [debug] - running monitor-get-edid command: command not available
> [debug] - running get-edid command: command not available
> [debug] - running ddcprobe command: command not available
>
> My two questions:
> - under Linux (Debian) among the following packages which provides the
EDID support: libparse-edid-perl or read-edid ? or twice ?

If you take a look at debian package details [1], the package depends on
libparse-edid-perl and suggests read-edid. I suggest you to install both to
make sure the agent is able to get more information (though I'm not sure if
libparse-edid-perl is enough to do the job as I'm not currently able to
look at the code).

> - and especially, as it is it that I have not read or seen these warning
missing packets or features during installation agent from source ?

You will not get any warnings by installing from sources directly and you
should use cpanm to grab Perl dependencies. However there are some
additional programs that are documented in the README and read-edid is not
part of the list. Thanks for pointing that.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/fr/sid/fusioninventory-for-glpi
--
Kevin Roy