[Fusioninventory-user] Issues with Windows Agent Installer and SSL

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 21:24:35 UTC 2015

Le 14/08/2015 16:36, Joseph Carroll a écrit :
> Thanks and hope someone can shed some light on these issues I'm facing.
Ok, let's try to sort issues...

The agent *installer* is just the piece of code that extract files from
the executable archive, install them on disk, and eventually preset
configuration directive in the registry. That means than 75% of
supported command-line switches, such as /server, or /no-ssl, are
actually not *installer* options, but *agent* options... I personally
find this very confusing, but the *installer* maintainer thought it was
useful for the end user, as it avoided him to manually edit the
registry. As a consequence, there is no ssl-related code in the
installer, and your problem is actually an agent problem.

So, you can forget about the installer. You can also ignore the
configuration stored in the registry, and use command line switches to
get a relevant trace, ie:
<path>/perl <path>/fusioninventory-agent --config none --logger stderr
--debug --debug --debug --server https://your.glpi.server

Authoritative documentation available here:
http://fusioninventory.org/documentation/documentation/agent/configuration.html
--
Guillaume