[Fusioninventory-user] Problems of installing the v2.3.15

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:22:36 UTC 2015

Le 10/02/2015 16:59, Vincent LOUPIEN a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded from the site FusionInventory (http://www.fusioninventory.org/documentation/agent/installation/source/) sources of v2.3.15-6 Agent for Linux
There is no such version as 2.3.15-6, all our release use x.y.z syntax
only. You're using a github feature allowing to get a snapshot from
current git tree as a tarball, without any regard to usability from this
snapshot.

I removed this doubtful advice from our documentation page (english
version only).

> and i am having some installation problems :
> - Less, during installation, he announces move to v2.3.16 ;-)
Because you're using a non-released git version.

> - A cpanm (verification of dependencies) returns me several errors about failed login attempts:
> [http client] communication error 500 Can not connect to 127.0.0.1:8080 '
> [http client] communication error: 500 SSL upgrade failed: SSL connect Attempt failed with unknown error error: 14090086: SSL routines: SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE: certificate verify failed '
>
> I have never met in the past these problems, new to the agent ?
No, you're just facing default cpan client behaviour of running tests.
Even if they're just intended for developers, and not for final users.
Feel free to ignore the results.

> Can anyone help me? I have to wait for the final release of the true v2.3.16 ?
Fetch official release tarball from the forge, and don't bother running
tests:
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent/files

Even better, use a packaged version for your distribution, if available.
--
Guillaume