[Fusioninventory-user] Who (fusioninventory or GLPI) decides to which host an inventory entry belongs (and how)?

Frank Thommen f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sat Sep 29 13:53:50 BST 2018

Hi Guillaume,

thanks.  Your answer was as usually very helpful.  I found the link
rules in the GLPI UI (even though I don't really understand them yet...)
and I can confirm, that when injecting data from the same host with a
changed hostname, the correct object in GLPI is updated.

We prefer to run fusininventory with the injector from a cronjob rather
than having an agent running on the system or on the GLPI Server.

Cheers
frank