[libhid-discuss] Digital Arts & Crafts Studio - HID help needed

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Nov 7 01:13:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 12:02:43AM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 10:21:54AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > The data changes when I press buttons or move the stylus on the
> > device, so I was pretty confident I'd get it to do something under
> > Linux.
>
> Have you checked if the kernel HID driver understands the data?
>
> See if there is something created under /dev/input as well as hiddev.
> If so, you may be able to just use the normal input layer API to read
> from the tablet.

I don't believe it does -- nothing appears under /dev/input and
X didn't see it as a Wacom or mouse or anything...

I am a newbie at these kind of things, though.

In the end, it'd be good if this were managed more as a mouse
or tablet (based on the raw data, I believe it only has position and click,
no pressure-sensitivity, tilt or anything else fancy that more professional
tablets/digitizers have)... and the various buttons could be seen as joystick
buttons.

In the meantime, though, I'd like Tux Paint to support it sooner, rather
than later, so am happy to do it directly via libhid, esp. considering it
appears to be a multiplatform library. :)

Thx!

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com