[minicom-Bugs][302229] Request: option to not drive modem control lines

minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Fri Dec 29 09:22:27 CET 2006

Bugs item #302229, was opened at 2005-09-23 23:05
Resolution: None
Group: wishlist
Category:

Initial Comment:
I use minicom to connect to various embedded systems. It is common practice in many embedded systems to tie the DTE's outbound control lines (DTR, RTS) to special functions, such as reset, or 'bootloader'. (FYI: if a certain pin on the processor is pulled low during reset, a special bootloader ROM is activated that allows you to download new code viw the serial port. This feature is almost universally available on microcontrollers with internal flash code space.)

So, in the course of my development, I run a special bootloader application which uses DTR and RTS to wiggle the right CPU lines with the right timing, and then downoads code to my target system; then I reset the system and crank up minicom so I can talk to the running system. My problem is, I first have to switch cables (to one that does not connect DTR or RTS) before bringing up minicom, or the DTR line will hold my system in perpetual reset. It would be *really* helpful to have a couple of extra configuration options for serial port profiles:

1) an option to leave DTR low when opening the port for communication
2) an option to leave RTS low. (currently, setting to software or no flow control leaves the pin high)

Thanks for your time.

Comment By: Nobody (None)
Date: 2006-12-29 09:22

Message:
i am using X-modem send a file throw minicom

it is working in windows . but not working in linux  please suggest me