Minicom licensing

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 09:32:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

The COPYING file reads

>    This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
>    the Free Software Foundation; version 2 dated June, 1991.

while the headers of source code files do read

>  *              This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
>  *              modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
>  *              as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version
>  *              2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

As far as I know, from the legal standpoint the file headers apply
(correct me if I am wrong). Adam: Could you please replace the COPYING
file with one that would server its purpose -- the full text of GPLv2?

The GPL license headers also shouldn't miss the following:

>     You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
>     along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

Thanks,