minicom bug and linux kernel 2.6.25.4

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Sat May 31 01:28:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:

> Sorry for not responding earlier, I have just recently upgraded to
> 2.6.25 and have been quite busy lately. Please be patient.

Don't sweat it.  It's just good to see that someone is watching the list.
:-)

I've been scratching my head over this for nearly a month.  It _feels_
like a kernel bug, but I'm not certain.  (Actually, I'm starting to think
that there might be other problems with the current serial drivers,
particularly where scheduling priority is concerned.)

The SUS seems to be completely silent on the subject of raising modem
control lines, even though B0 and HUPCL are provided for lowering them.
But then, what else is new?  Perhaps the serial driver developers just
flipped a coin and it came up "no DTR" this time...