netconf and python

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Thu Sep 20 22:26:45 UTC 2007

also sprach Steve Langasek <vorlon at debian.org> [2007.09.20.2202 +0100]:
> FWIW, the C++ ABI is supposed to be stable now anyway, the last few C++ ABI
> revisions have been bugfixes only and I haven't heard of any new fixes
> pending.  (This release cycle, we just get the C ABI change for the size of
> long doubles instead.)  We certainly have C++ stuff in base (like, er...
> apt), so that's really not a concern.

In that case, by all means, I would prefer C++, although, as I said,
it's not that hard to write OO code in C for something like netconf.

Anyway, let's get 0.9 out there first...

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

"the stripes on the highway began to unreel beneath her in a dizzying
 blur as if all those grains of sand had lost their bearings and were
 falling all over each other just trying to get out of the way to make
 room for the next moment, or instant, or tick of the clock"
-- mc 900 ft jesus (http://www.theendoftheworld.org/900/spider1.shtml)