[Neurodebian-users] Neurodebian virtual machine hung at power off - what to do?

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Wed Nov 17 20:06:28 UTC 2010

Welcome to the list ;)

I am a bit confused since power off (not 'Save state') has no progress
indication.  For Save state you would need enough of disk space
available and personally I haven't used it much so not sure what other
causes could lead to stall

I guess now you should simply kill it; upon subsequent boot filesystem
might be found left in somewhat corrupted state but since it is ext3 it
should heal itself in 99% of the cases without any data loss. sure thing
you would need to restart the tasks you were running