[Neurodebian-users] Removal of Ubuntu gutsy and dapper from the NeuroDebian repository

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:19:53 UTC 2010

On 30 November 2010 08:35, Michael Hanke <michael.hanke at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I know Ubuntu users have no comparable service that they could
> access. We perform snapshotting of the NeuroDebian repository as well.
> If our recent grant proposal gets awarded, we'll be able to offer all
> that as well. In combination with the above service Debian users will be able
> to recreate any analysis environment they ever had. Same would be
> possible for Ubuntu, if they ever start offering a snapshot service. But
> at least NeuroDebian packages would be available indefinitely for them
> too.

On the note of reproducing results, if people really are serious about
this then they should be doing analysis in a VM, it's really the only
way of guaranteeing you are going to be able to run (or at least
emulate it) in 10 years time.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)