[Neurodebian-users] fsl-atlases

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Fri Feb 11 16:00:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 07:17:23AM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> > I was mislead by the following page:
> > http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/fsl-atlases.html

> > Maybe this page should point to a page containing the right lines to add
> > for the data repository.

> Well... I am just having difficulty envisioning how to do that properly...

> it is already listed under "Datasets", not any other release (e.g.
> Debian sid).

The problem is that if I google for 'fsl atlases neurodebian', I land on
this package, after which its is not obvious which line I need to add.

> '/data' apt lines are embedded within .list files per each
> release, so there is no single file we could/should point to -- ok -- we
> could add 1 more separate neurodebian-data.list but then it might lead
> to confusions -- people would add both distribution one (having data/
> in it already) and another duplicate one -- separate for data/.

How about just pointing to the line? Or at least the name of the repo
(data).

> This issue is relevant only for our existing users, since new users
> would simply use .list files having '/data': in other words, problem
> will deprecate itself within time ;-)

I don't use .list files. I like to control every single line in my apt
sources (maybe I am just a control freak).

> the only thing I see is to add '(data)' suite description similarly to
> what we have for other releases (e.g. "Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (lenny)")

Yes, that would probably do the trick.

Cheers,

Gaël