[Neurodebian-users] fsl-atlases

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Feb 11 12:17:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> I was mislead by the following page:
> http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/fsl-atlases.html

> Maybe this page should point to a page containing the right lines to add
> for the data repository.

Well... I am just having difficulty envisioning how to do that properly...

it is already listed under "Datasets", not any other release (e.g.
Debian sid).  '/data' apt lines are embedded within .list files per each
release, so there is no single file we could/should point to -- ok -- we
could add 1 more separate neurodebian-data.list but then it might lead
to confusions -- people would add both distribution one (having data/
in it already) and another duplicate one -- separate for data/.

We have mirrors, that is why pointing to some single file would not
suffice as well... dumping links for all mirrors on each page probably
would be too much

This issue is relevant only for our existing users, since new users
would simply use .list files having '/data': in other words, problem
will deprecate itself within time ;-)

the only thing I see is to add '(data)' suite description similarly to
what we have for other releases (e.g. "Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (lenny)")

> Thanks a lot for your continued work on NeuroDebian.

you are welcome ;) Thanks for Thanks!