[Neurodebian-users] Problems getting VM up and running on Mac OS 10.6

Michael Hanke michael.hanke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 21:43:32 UTC 2011

Hey,

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 10:31:47AM -0800, Ariel Rokem wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get the neurodebian VM up and running on a fairly new
> iMac running OS 10.6. I managed to download the zip file, but the
> download was very slow (I don't think it's something local - other
> downloads before and after were quite quick).

Did you get it from New Hampshire?  Maybe the wires are frozen. You can
also download the file from more sunny places:

  http://neurodeb.pirsquared.org/vm/neurodebian_6.0.1_amd64.zip

  (that is pretty much next door to you)

> When I try to extract it
> using the Mac Archive Utility, I get the following error:
>
> Unable to unarchive "neurodebian_6.0.1_amd64.zip" into "Desktop".
> (Error 1 - Operation not permitted).

Uh! I'm never sure with these Apple devices, but don't they uncompress
automatically upon download?

> Next, I tried to extract it using tar. This is what I get then:

That is a zip file. Tar does not speak zip.

[ I guess the rest is all caused by a broken file ]

Could you please check whether the md5sum of your file matches this one:

9213988e79ca2871e7b6f843f1f45cef  neurodebian_6.0.1_amd64.zip

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Hanke