[Neurodebian-users] Set up my VM. Problems getting packages

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Jan 7 05:09:13 UTC 2011

 ho ho -- it seems this is somewhat a bug:  we have 'debian' as a
 hostname but in the /etc/hosts 127.0.1.1 is listed as neurodebian.

 that leads to all failures with hostname resolution.

 quick fix should be to run in a terminal:

 sudo sed -e 's,neurodebian,debian,g' /etc/hosts
 sudo apt-get -f install # might not even be needed

P.S. we will address this issue in a fresh VM image which would need to
be furnished as soon as squeeze gets released (or may be even before) ;-)

Cheers,