[Neurodebian-users] FSL error using VMWare and shared files

Mike E. Klein michaeleklein at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 21:50:29 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am new (to neurodebian, to virtual machines, to FSL), so please bear with
me and thanks in advance for any help.

Yesterday I got Neurodebian working as a 64-bit virtual machine on my
macbook pro core2duo running 10.5.8. I installed FSL 4.1.8, was able to
access the shared folder and files on my mac, and successfully ran a simple
analysis on a subject's nifti data (BET extraction, FLIRT, FEAT).

Today, with nothing changed on my system, I am not so lucky. Here are the
errors:

running FSL and then *BET* from the terminal (with the GUI), BET tries to
work on a .nii file within a /mnt/host/FSL/ subfolder, but spits out:

*/usr/share/fsl/4.1/bin/bet2: error while loading shared libraries:
libmeshclass.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory*
*Finished*

trying to run *FEAT* on BOLD data, I get the following in a popup window,
immediately after trying to load the 4D data (which is located in the same
shared directory as the anatomical file mentioned above):

*child process exited abnormally*
*child process exited abnormally*
*    while executing*
*"exec sh -c "${FSLDIR}/bin/fslnvols $thefile 2> /dev/null" "*
*    (procedure "feat5:updateimageinfo" line 10)*
*    invoked from within*
*"feat5:updateimageinfo $w $i 1"*
*    (procedure "feat5:multiple_check" line 56)*
*    invoked from within*
*"feat5:multiple_check .r 0 1 1 d"*
*    invoked from within*
*".dialog1.cancel invoke"*
*    ("uplevel" body line 1)*
*    invoked from within*
*"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"*
*    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)*
*    invoked from within*
*"tk::ButtonUp .dialog1.cancel"*
*    (command bound to event)*

I'm a linux newbie, so I have no idea how to proceed. I'm particularly
confused as to why something that worked yesterday is now yielding errors,
as I haven't changed anything with the system. I followed the VMWare setup
instructions on the neurodebian site. Any help is greatly appreciated. This
is my first time using a mailing list (I first tried and failed to find an
official web forum), so hopefully I'm sending this to the correct place.

Best and thanks,
Mike Klein
McGill University