[Neurodebian-users] Ubuntu 10.10, csh or tcsh and FSL 4.1

Deryk S. Beal, Ph.D. dsbeal at bu.edu
Wed Jun 8 20:42:03 UTC 2011

Dear Neurodebian Users

I am running FSL4.1 on Ubuntu 10.10. I have downloaded and installed FSL
using the Synaptic Package manager. I am able to source FSL without error
when using the bash shell by editing the .bashrc in the usual way. However,
I am unable to source FSL in csh or tcsh even when the .cshrc or .tcshrc is
correctly edited. I receive the following error:

/usr/share/fsl/4.1/etc/fslconf/fslmachtype.sh: command not found

Te fsl.csh file contains the following command:

setenv FSLMACHTYPE '$FSLDIR/etc/fslconf/fslmachtype.sh'

However, there is no such file distributed with the Neurodebian version of
fsl for Ubuntu 10.10. I completely uninstalled and re-installed fsl twice,
once via synaptic and once via sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install fsl
but the file was still nowhere to be found. I even edited my source list
file to ensure all libraries were downloaded.

I finally solved the problem by copying the fslmachtype.sh file from another
installation of fsl (64bit, as is the Ubuntu install) on our servers to the
Ubuntu machine.

Why is fslmachtype.sh not distributed with the Neurodebian version? One must
be able to run fsl in tcsh or csh for certain Freesurfer commands.

Cheers,
Deryk

Deryk S. Beal, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, S-LP(C), Reg. CASLPO
Speech-Language Pathologist
C.I.H.R. Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Department of Cognitive and Neural Systems Speech Laboratory
Boston University, 677 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02215
dsbeal at bu.edu
http://blogs.bu.edu/dsbeal/about/
This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other
information expressed or contained in this email are not given or endorsed
by the sender unless otherwise affirmed independently by the sender.