[Neurodebian-users] Ubuntu 10.10, csh or tcsh and FSL 4.1

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Thu Jun 9 02:22:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 04:42:03PM -0400, Deryk S. Beal, Ph.D. wrote:
> Why is fslmachtype.sh not distributed with the Neurodebian version? One must
> be able to run fsl in tcsh or csh for certain Freesurfer commands.

I wasn't aware that this is the case. Would you mind sharing what
commands are affected?

In any case fslmachtype.sh is not shipped, because it is not necessary.
You can safely remove this line from fsl.csh. The Debian package doesn't
provide out-of-the-box csh support, because (not just) in Debian csh is
considered harmful:

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/csh-considered-harmful.html

However, if there is a problem with Freesurfer we need to work it out --
it is just that we haven't seen problems so far and happily use FSL with
ksh/bash/dash/zsh/...

Michael

--
Michael Hanke