[Neurodebian-users] condor dpkg configuration ignored?

Tiziano Zito opossumnano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:54:14 UTC 2011

hi neurodebian maintainers and condor users,

I recently installed the condor package for debian squeeze from the
neurodebian repository. installation worked very well: than you for
the great work! I had a problem though, I chose to configure the
system not as a "personal condor", i.e. I went through the 5 steps
of the debconf configuration and I set up there the role of the
machine [central manager], the file system and user id domains [some
strings], the address of the central manager [the hostname of the host I
was installing into], and the list of machines allowed to join the
pool [*, so that everyone is allowed to join]. This configuration
was not retained on the filesystem: the file /etc/condor/config.d/00debconf
still contained the, presumably, default configuration for a
"personal condor", i.e.:

# This is the DebConf-generated configuration for Condor
#
# DO NOT edit this file, as changes will be overwritten during package
# upgrades. Instead place custom configuration into either
# /etc/condor/condor_config.local or another file in /etc/condor/config.d Use
# the latter location if you need to overwrite/complement settings in the
# DebConf-generated configuration.
# where Condor puts its runtime data
LOCAL_DIR = /var
# which Condor daemons to run on this machine
DAEMON_LIST = COLLECTOR, NEGOTIATOR, SCHEDD, STARTD, MASTER
# who receives emails when something goes wrong
CONDOR_ADMIN = root at localhost
# how much memory should NOT be available to Condor
RESERVED_MEMORY =
# label to identify the local filesystem in a Condor pool
FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
# label to identify the user id of the system in a Condor pool
# (this need to be a fully qualified domain name)
UID_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
# which machine is the central manager of this Condor pool
CONDOR_HOST = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
# what machines can access Condor daemons on this machine
ALLOW_WRITE = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)

I easily worked around the problem by creating a 01local file
in /etc/condor/config.d with the desired configuration, but I still
think that the debconf configuration step in debconf should work as
advertised.

ciao,
tiziano