[Neurodebian-users] condor dpkg configuration ignored?

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Tue Jun 21 16:29:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 05:54:14PM +0200, Tiziano Zito wrote:
> I recently installed the condor package for debian squeeze from the
> neurodebian repository. installation worked very well: than you for
> the great work! I had a problem though, I chose to configure the
> system not as a "personal condor", i.e. I went through the 5 steps
> of the debconf configuration and I set up there the role of the
> machine [central manager], the file system and user id domains [some
> strings], the address of the central manager [the hostname of the host I
> was installing into], and the list of machines allowed to join the
> pool [*, so that everyone is allowed to join]. This configuration
> was not retained on the filesystem: the file /etc/condor/config.d/00debconf
> still contained the, presumably, default configuration for a
> "personal condor", i.e.:

This is a known one. The configuration works, but not during a fresh
install. If you run dpkg-reconfigure condor it should work as advertised.

Obviously a bug, but I didn't get around fixing it yet (sweating to
finish a grant proposal). Normal operations will resume when this is
done -- including the update to Condor 7.6.1

Thanks for reporting,

Michael

--
Michael Hanke