[Neurodebian-users] [Neurodebian-upstream] Neuroscience software survey: What is popular, what has problems? Immediate results

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Thu May 19 20:45:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, 19 May 2011, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> 1) One more candidate I can think of for "Neural systems modeling" is
> XPP (again, it's certainly not a tool of my personal preference, but it
> enjoys some degree of popularity among the theoreticians)

among theoreticians which seems to have not bothered participating in
the survey since there is only 2 mentioning of it in Other.

but ok -- since it runs even on iPad -- included now.  We have stopped
manually transferring new additions from Other into proper results, so
those will be accounted for only when we prepare final results. Only new
submissions mentioning XPP will be reflected in the graphs atm.

Thanks!

> 2) It would be nice to have a direct link to the results of the survey
> available somewhere.

yes indeed it would be nice... time will come!

> Right now the results are only displayed when you fill in all the fields
> and apparently there is no way to go back to the results page.

yeap... otherwise people would just share the link with others/blog and
others would not bother filling it out.