[Neurodebian-users] Fatal Error in Update Manager (and Synaptic Package Manager)

Mona Sobhani mssobhani at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:51:46 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am getting an error when I try to open the "update manager". I get "A
fatal error has been detected in update-manager.  Do you want to submit a
bug report?". I also get an error when I try to open the Synaptic Package
Manager: "E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, E: problem with
MergeLists
/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_squeeze_updates_main_binary-amd64_Packages,
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.; E:
_cache->open()failed,please report.
I have never had any of these errors before (everything worked just fine) -
and i have not updated to a newer version or changed any settings, so I'm
wondering what's wrong. I'm running on a Sony Vaio with 64-bit Windows 7.
 Any help?

Thanks!

--
Mona Sobhani