[Neurodebian-users] unable to disable grid engine for FSL

German Gomez-Herrero german.gomezherrero at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 08:52:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

This is a response to a previous list post by one of my colleagues. I
just became a member of the neurodebian list and that is why I am
sending this as new post rather than replying to the old one.

As Diederick said in his previous post, the environment variable
FSLPARALLEL was having no effect for us and jobs were being submitted to
the grid engine regardless. We tracked down the problem to script
$FSLDIR/bin/fsl_sub (at the beginning of the script). If Michael could
not reproduce this problem, I am guessing that it was due to the fact
that variable SGE_ROOT was not set in his system, while it is set in
ours. If you check the contents of script fsl_sub you can see that, if
SGE_ROOT is set, then variable METHOD will be set to SGE, regardless of
the value of FSLPARALLEL. The problem can be easily solved by adding the
following lines to fsl_sub:

# Allow to override the above ...
if [ -n "$FSLPARALLEL"] ; then
# *** begins new code